Miles Bellhouse and the Gears of Time SlotsDeveloped by Betsoft, Miles Bellhouse and the Gears of Time is a 5x5 grid slot with cluster pays. This game follows the adventures of Miles Bellhouse—a time-travelling scientist who's built a portal to the past and future. Miles Bellhouse and the Gears of Time definitely boasts an interesting concept. We'll discuss what else this slot offers below.
GameplayThis game features five reels and five rows (a.k.a. 5x5 grid). It doesn't provide the usual slots setup with paylines/ways. Instead, it delivers payouts in clusters. You receive a payout when 3+ matching symbols form a cluster anywhere on the reels. You can get clusters with up to 25 symbols, which would fill the entire grid.
Graphics & AtmosphereMiles Bellhouse is an eccentric scientist who's built a time-travelling device. However, he's not your typical scientist who wears a lab coat. Instead, Miles wears a hat, flashy jacket, jeans, and high boots. He also has a robot assistant working in his lab right next to him. You can see the time portal in the background. It's a circular device that features green spirals floating in the middle. This game also offers a mysterious beat that perfectly reflects the mysteries of time travel.
Pay Table & Win PotentialSymbols in this game include a copper gear, silver gear, gold gear, glasses, robot, time travel machine, and Miles Bellhouse himself. Miles pays the most among this group at 200x your stake for 25 clusters. You can score wins worth up to 1,084.8x your stake. This is a rather low maximum payout when compared to many other slots. With the max bet engaged, you can win up to $54,240.
FeaturesThis slot features cascading reels, but in a different sense than what you may be used to. Normally, cascading reels see winning symbols disappear and new icons take their places. Miles Bellhouse and the Gears of Time, on the other hand, sees winning symbols stay and the non-winning icons vanish. Provided the next drop adds to your current win(s), or forms a new win, then cascading reels continue. This process keeps up until you either fail to add to the current payout(s) or get another win. You'll notice five random positions with a frame around them in each round. Any time that a winning symbol lands in one of these frames, you have an increased chance of getting a Time Traveling modifier. The Time Traveling modifiers include:
- The Past - The last spin replays. When the round ends, a cascade will occur with non-winning symbols and give you more chances to win. This event happens 5 straight times, thus boosting your odds of winning even more.
- The Present - A multiplier worth between 2x and 20x is attached to any win in the ensuing round.
- The Future - One symbol is randomly selected. You get a free respin where 10+ of the selected symbol are guaranteed to land.
- 12 Past Free Spins - Each spin offers an extra cascade.
- 10 Present Free Spins - A random multiplier worth up to 20x is applied to wins.
- 6 Future Free Spions - 10+ of the same symbol type (randomly chosen) lands on the grid.